Index...for not getting completelly lost! :)

Friday 4 September 2015

The Belfast Murals #1

Hello!

back to work, back to normal life, back to ..no time! ;(

So, I have already said here that the Murals are the touristic attraction of West Belfast.

They illustrate the Irish political passions, starting from the beginning of the XX century, whether driven by republican ideals or by the will to continue to be part of the United Kingdom.

The easiest way to see them is to take one of the famous black taxi tour: a guy will drive you around - I guess - to the most famous murals and tell you probably the stories of each of those....

but....we do not like the easy way...do we? ;)....and anyway, for one person I think that the price would have been quite high..and, actually the biggest problem, I would not have had all the time needed for the photos..

So let's start a Murals hunt! :)

If you want to play as I did...be ready to do a lot of kilometres, but most important get the treasure map and the description of the treasure!! :)



To find the map you have to be already lucky, as at the central Tourist Information they did not neither know the existence...but Lonely Planet could not get wrong, so I found it at the Cultúrlann McAdam Ó Fiaich, Ireland's best known Irish language and culture centre....the map reports only the republican murals, but it is enough to begin the game! ;).... PS: thanks to Gerard, at the culture centre, just an optimal example of the kindness of the Irish people! :)

You can find the guide at the Irish Republican History Museum...museums are not really my passion, and I was too much in a hurry for enjoying it properly, but if you are looking for republican past memories you are at the right place! :)

Ok,...I will continue to tell you more in the next posts...

Now just enjoy the my beginning! :)

Falls Road, Belfast 2015

Falls Road, Belfast 2015
PS: I like to think at this photo as the "Missing Mural"
...eeehhiii ;)...you may find interesting also this link http://visitwestbelfast.com/ and their facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment